Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sinai Pantocrator Process #2

Here is another sketch update on the Sinai Pantcrator. I've got most of my principle guide lines put into place here. Unfortunately, the original icon is so incredibly worn that most areas besides the face are completely obscured. In particular, Christ's dark mantle seems to be just one big brush stroke, with no particular details of any kind. The brush strokes at least seem to approximate the direction or "grain" of the cloth, which gives me some help. Unfortunately for me, I cannot be content to just throw down some rough brush strokes and call the cloth finished. Same with the hair and beard. These lines here do not represent the final product, but just my current best-guess as to possible grain direction and very general shadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment