Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mater Ecclsaiae pt3: Test Engraving

I finished up the design files and ran it over to the laser. I did this on 140lb watercolor paper at 1/4 power and 500 DPI resolution. It turned out spectacularly well. I still have a few small issues to resolve, such as how these will be cut free from the stock piece, as I did not leave any special provision for doing so.

This design was intended for engraving on wood, and I plan on doing that still, however my discovery of engraving into heavy paper like this makes me think that painting in watercolor over the engraving could possibly be very cool. I'll try that as well.

Here is another picture: